Votes & Bribes
In order to vote, you will first need to have some Locked VTX. See the "Locking VTX" section for an overview of how to Lock!
- 1.Navigate to the Vote tab
- 2.Select the LP pools you wish to support
- 3.Allocate your desired VTX amount for each pool (you can vote for numerous pools)
- 4.Change your allocation at any time by simply adjusting your voting weights and clicking "Update Votes"
Bribes are inherent to the voting process. You will notice on our site that certain pools have APRs displayed. These APRs mean that someone is bribing users to vote for those pools. So, all you have to do is:
- 1.Vote for pools that have the highest APR
- 2.Sit back, relax, and claim your bribe rewards! They will appear on the claim tab
- 3.Adjust every so often as you see fit, or as yields change from pool to pool
Vector will always vote with our full vePTP voting power. Votes for the various pools will be distributed pro rata, based on how much LVTX was voted into each pool. Bribe rewards will be distributed pro rata to the active voters.
Voting Gauges are how Platypus now determines the base APRs for their pools. Voters are able to vote for their favorite pools and/or protocols using their vePTP, or in Vector’s case, using their locked VTX. The gauge weights determine how much PTP is emitted to each pool and hence, influence the APR for each pool.
As the largest holder of vePTP, Vector plays a large role in voting, and we encourage all of our users to participate in this exciting new step forward for Platypus.
Bribe APRs on Vector come from Platypus Finance and the bribing protocols there. They can change quickly based on the reward rate and votes at the time! Unless you actively manage your voting power you may be missing out on some sweet rewards. The "Delegated Voting" pool solves this problem.
Vector allows you to delegate your voting to the protocol for management. We then automatically manage it for you, choosing the best pools to vote for based on APR rewards. We rebalance the votes daily, based on the rewards mix available. That means you'll get the best APR on average! Note: we take a small fee for covering the costs of rebalancing.